To get this help, you must choose the up-front payment option when you enrol in your course.
You also need to send us your written request before the due date, which is either:
- your university’s census date
- the date set by your provider, if earlier.
You must also attach any one of the following:
- your Commonwealth Assistance Notice
- HELP statement from the Australian Taxation Office
- your original course fee statement or receipt showing you’ve paid.
You can submit your written request and supporting documents in one of the following ways:
- online by uploading your documents online
- by post to
Reply Paid 7804
Canberra BC ACT 2610
- in person at a service centre.
If you need help, call the ABSTUDY line.