How to claim

Complete the following steps to claim Assistance with ABSTUDY masters and doctorate compulsory course fees. Before you start, check if you can get it.

To get this help, you must choose the up-front payment option when you enrol in your course.

You also need to send us your written request before the due date, which is either:

  • your university’s census date
  • the date set by your provider, if earlier.

You must also attach any one of the following:

  • your Commonwealth Assistance Notice
  • HELP statement from the Australian Taxation Office
  • your original course fee statement or receipt showing you’ve paid.

You can submit your written request and supporting documents in one of the following ways:

If you need help, call the ABSTUDY line.

Page last updated: 28 March 2023.
QC 53281