When you hold a temporary visa

You can’t get Special Benefit overseas for any reason if you hold most temporary protection type visas.

Except if you hold one of these visas:

  • a Partner Provisional visa subclass 309 or visa subclass 820
  • a Safe Haven Enterprise visa subclass 790
  • a Temporary Protection visa subclass 785 issued on or after 16 December 2014.

If you hold one of these visas, you may be paid for up to 6 weeks if you’re overseas for an approved reason.

Page last updated: 8 July 2022.
QC 61885