Except if you hold one of these visas:
- Partner Provisional visa subclass 309 or visa subclass 820
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa subclass 790
- Temporary Protection visa subclass 785 issued on or after 16 December 2014.
If you hold one of these visas, you may get Child Care Subsidy for up to 6 weeks if you’re travelling outside Australia for one of these approved reasons:
- to attend an acute family crisis - for example, to visit a family member who is critically ill
- for specific humanitarian reasons - for example, to adopt a child or attend custody proceedings
- to get eligible medical treatment that is not available in Australia.