When and how to tell us about your travel

When you get Farm Household Allowance, you should always tell us if you’re leaving Australia.

The easiest way to tell us about your travel plans and provide supporting documents is online.

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to do this. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

Sign in to myGov

You should give us your evidence supporting documents before you leave Australia. The documents you need to provide depend on your circumstances. If you don’t give us the evidence before you leave Australia, your payment will stop when you depart. If we’ve stopped your payment, we’ll reassess it once we get your supporting documents.

You can also use your online account to get information on how your travel could affect your payments and concession cards.

If you can’t use an online account, tell us your travel plans by either:

Australia’s immigration department will tell us when you leave. They will also tell us when you return.

Read more about payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 21 April 2023.
QC 61942