You need to tell us about your travel if any of these apply. You:
- are going to live in another country
- will be away for more than 6 weeks
- get Age Pension under a social security agreement with another country
- are leaving Australia within 2 years after coming back to live and started getting Age Pension since then
- or your partner are getting income from employment.
The easiest way to tell us about your travel plans is to use your Centrelink online account through myGov. You can also use your online account to get information on how your travel could affect your payments and concession cards.
You can call the Older Australians line to discuss your circumstances further.
Learn how to create an online account if you don’t already have one.
If you can’t use an online account, tell us your travel plans by either:
Australia’s immigration department will tell us when you leave. They will also tell us when you return.