A care plan refers to GP services as part of Chronic Disease Management. They include:
- GP Management Plans
- Team Care Arrangements
- Multidisciplinary Care Plans
- GP Mental Health Treatment Plans.
Read more about Chronic Disease Management on the Department of Health and Aged Care's website.
You can only view your patient's care plan history if all of the following apply:
- they’re over 18 years of age
- they’re registered for a Medicare online account
- they’ve given verbal consent.
You can access this service in HPOS with a PRODA account. If you don’t have one, register for a PRODA account. Then follow the steps to set up your HPOS access. Delegates can’t access this service on your behalf.
To view a patient’s care plan history:
- select the menu icon in HPOS
- select View Patient Care Plan History
- select Find Patient Record and enter your patient's Medicare details
- select Search
- declare that you’ve received the patient’s consent
- select Continue.
The search results will display care plan information for your patient including the following:
- the date of service
- item numbers
- description if relevant.
If your patient hasn't had a care plan created in the previous 12 months, a message will appear. It will say 'Enhanced Primary Care plan items not previously paid'.