on this page
We may do this instead of sending a letter.
If you already get messages from us, you’ll now get an SMS if you forget to report your income. If you don’t currently get messages from us, subscribe now and we’ll send you reminders to report.
What we can message you about
We’ll only send messages that matter to you. For example, we may:
- ask or remind you to attend appointments or to provide documents
- let you know about our decisions or payments we’ve made
- confirm that you’ve changed your details
- send new information about payments and services.
We don’t monitor this service. You shouldn’t reply to any of our electronic messages.
You may need to take some action if the message asks you to.
Privacy and security
- ask you for your password or PIN
- send you messages that include your name, contact details or links to any website.
Make sure you protect yourself, your computer and your mobile phone against security threats.
Keep your details up to date
You may miss important messages that affect your payment.
Please tell us straight away if you change your mobile number or email address. We consider you've received a message once we send it to the mobile number or email address on your record.
If you change your mind
You can unsubscribe from this service at any time.
We can change these terms and conditions without notice.