Supporting documents

When you claim a pension bonus, you’ll need to give us some supporting documents.

Why you need to give us documents

We need supporting documents to confirm information you give us in your claim. We can’t assess your claim without them. We may also ask you for more details after you submit your claim.

Which documents you may need to give us

Which documents we may need depends on your circumstances. We’ll tell you in the claim which documents you must give us.

You may need to give us some of the following details before or when you submit your claim:

  • copies of payment summaries
  • income tax returns
  • time sheets
  • completed work records
  • evidentiary certificates, these relate to your work test
  • evidence of periodic or lump sum compensation payments since start of registration
  • evidence of giving away money, other assets or selling assets for less than their market value.

When we may need documents after you submit your claim

After you submit your Pension Bonus claim, we’ll assess your circumstances. If we need more information, we’ll ask you for it. We’ll send a letter to your myGov Inbox if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll send you this request in the mail.

If this happens, we’ll put your claim on hold while we wait for the information.

You generally need to provide the documents we request within 14 days. If you don’t, we may reject your claim. Call the Older Australians line if you’re having trouble providing the information we ask for.

How to submit your documents

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to submit documents.

Sign in to myGov

You can also submit them:

Read more about how to submit your Centrelink documents online.

Page last updated: 8 May 2023.
QC 54260