Claim for Special Benefit for a child form (SU721)

Use this form to claim Special Benefit for a child who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you care for if you’re their non-resident parent or guardian.

Download and complete the Claim for Special Benefit for a child form.

When a child starts school full-time, they may not be eligible for Special Benefit.

When not to use this form

Do not use this form if you are claiming Special Benefit for any other reason. Instead, use the Claim for Special Benefit form.

To fill in this form digitally you will need a computer and Adobe Acrobat Reader, or a similar program. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free. If you can’t complete the form digitally, you can print it, complete it by hand and return it to us following the instructions on the form.

If you have a disability or impairment and use assistive technology, you may not be able to access our forms. If you can’t, please use self service, request someone to deal with us on your behalf, or contact us. We can help you access, complete and submit them.

Page last updated: 7 September 2023.
QC 64135