After you’ve registered to use the HI Service, you will be able to access:
- identifiers for other individual healthcare providers and organisation healthcare providers in Health Professional Online Services (HPOS)
- a patient’s My Health Record in the National Provider Portal (NPP) through the My Health Record website
- a patient’s healthcare identifier and My Health Record through your organisation’s software.
Make sure you link your Healthcare Provider Identifier-Individual (HPI-I) to your PRODA account.
To use your organisation’s software and the NPP to access My Health Records, give your organisation maintenance officer (OMO) your HPI-I.
Your OMO will link your HPI-I to the organisation’s Healthcare Provider Identifier-Organisation (HPI-O), so you can access My Health Records on the organisation’s behalf.
You should also add a Healthcare Provider Directory (HPD) entry. Having an entry in the HPD means:
- you can search for listed individual healthcare providers and organisations to help with referrals and sending secure messages
- other listed individual healthcare providers and organisations can find you.
If you’ve registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra), you can also publish your details in the HPD.
How to add a Healthcare Provider Directory (HPD) entry to the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service.
How to search for a healthcare provider organisation in Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service.
How to search for an individual healthcare provider in the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service.