What Proof of Life is
A process you need to complete to prove you’re alive and eligible to continue to get your pension.
Who needs to do it
You may need to complete the form if you’re currently getting a relevant payment and are both:
- living outside Australia
- older than 80.
We may send you a Proof of Life Certificate form if you get one of the following income support payments:
- Age Pension
- Disability Support Pension
- Carer Payment.
How it works
If we send you a Proof of Life Certificate form, you’ll need to do all of the following:
- complete the form
- visit, in person, an authorised certifier as listed on the form and get it signed
- return the form to us by the due date, otherwise your payment will stop.
You can mail it to us at:Services Australia
Reply Paid 83340
CANBERRA BC ACT 2610 Australia
Every 2 years we’ll send you a new form to verify you’re still eligible to get your income support payment.
I haven’t received a form
If you haven’t received a form it could be for any of the following reasons:
- you don’t get a relevant payment
- you’re not older than 80
- your contact details aren’t up to date
- we haven’t sent you a form yet.
My contact details aren’t up to date
If your contact details aren’t up to date, we may not be able to contact you. If this happens your payment may stop. To update your details call one of our international numbers.