It’s available 24 hours, 7 days a week for PBS medical prescribers. All other PBS prescribers are able to access the service Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm AEST.
You can use this information when prescribing and talking to patients about medication. The information is accurate up to the last 24 hours.
If your patient doesn’t meet the PSP criteria, we’ll only tell you they don’t meet the criteria. We won’t give any additional information.
Register for the PSIS
Before you can use the PSIS, you need to call us to register.
Call the PSIS
Once you’ve registered, you can call PSIS to find out if your patient meets the PSP criteria.
When you call the PSIS we’ll ask for:
- your prescriber number
- your full name
- a security question about your identity
- the patient's Medicare number, full name and date of birth.
If your patient meets the criteria, you can get a Prescription Shopping Patient Summary Report on the:
- amount of PBS medicine supplied to your patient in the previous 3 month period
- type of PBS medicine supplied to your patient in the previous 3 month period.
A prescription shopping summary report will be available in HPOS for 14 days from when you call PSIS.
Learn more about the Prescription Shopping Information Service.
Log in to your PRODA account to access HPOS, then:
- select My Programs
- select Prescription Shopping Patient Summary Reports
- select View next to the report you want to see.