For prescriptions written under the emergency provision arrangements you must:
- not exceed the maximum quantity and repeats listed in the PBS Schedule on the PBS website
- include the words Emergency authorised by Services Australia
- note the time and date you called.
For drugs on the Highly Specialised Drugs Program, you must include the:
- letters HSD
- hospital provider number - not required for Community Access HSD
- number of days of treatment.
You can’t prescribe increased quantities and repeats above the PBS Schedule quantity under the emergency provision arrangements. You will need to use the Online PBS Authorities System or call back later.