Download and complete the Extraordinary Assistance Fund form.
This fund helps if thalidomide-related injuries affect your daily living activities. It covers the costs of goods and services to assist with these activities. This may include any of the following:
- assistance with personal domestic activities and self‑care activities
- personal aids and appliances, such as wheelchairs, scooters and hoists
- assistance technology, such as household aids and appliances and computer software
- vehicle modifications, such as accessories or adaptations for driver control and car access lifters or hoists
- home modifications, such as necessary renovations or installations, slip resistant coatings, grab rails, guide rails and ramps.
You’ll need to provide documents to support your information. The form will tell you what documents to provide.
If you use assistive technology, you may not be able to access our forms. For help or information on completing the form, call us on 1800 565 863 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
If you have a disability or impairment and use assistive technology, you may not be able to access our forms. If you can’t, please use self service, request someone to deal with us on your behalf, or contact us. We can help you access, complete and submit them.