Overseas immunisations

How to add immunisations you’ve had overseas to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).

If you’ve had immunisations in another country, you can have them added to the AIR. You’ll need documents in English that show what immunisations you’ve had. Take these documents to a recognised vaccination provider in Australia. You can ask them to:

  • check if the immunisations you’ve had match the National Immunisation Program
  • help you to catch up if you’re missing any immunisations
  • add your overseas immunisations to the AIR.

These immunisations will then be on your immunisation history statement.

You can use your immunisation history statements to get proof of your vaccinations.

Read more about how to get an immunisation history statement.

How to get your vaccination documents translated to English

If your documents aren’t in English, you can get them translated. Read about the Free Translating Service on the Department of Home Affairs website. You can use this service if you’re settling in Australia or if you’re already living here permanently.

We can only accept information directly from a recognised vaccination provider in Australia such as a general practitioner (GP).

Read more about National Immunisation Program Schedule on the Department of Health and Aged Care website.

Page last updated: 17 May 2024.
QC 51223