Education guide - Register for Medicare Easyclaim
How to register and claim using Medicare Easyclaim.
Register for Medicare Easyclaim
Medicare Easyclaim is a digital claiming channel that helps practices lodge Medicare bulk bill and patient claims using either:
- a stand-alone EFTPOS terminal with enabled Medicare Easyclaim software
- an EFTPOS terminal integrated with your practice management software (PMS).
To register for Medicare Easyclaim you need to:
- register with us as a provider
- contact a financial institution that offers the Medicare Easyclaim service
- choose a solution that’s best for your practice – stand-alone or integrated Medicare Easyclaim.
Medicare Easyclaim - stand-alone
To lodge bulk bill claims with the stand-alone service complete the forms and register for Health Professionals Online Services.
Each provider in the practice needs to complete both the
- provider registration for electronic funds transfer payments form
- online claiming provider agreement form.
You need to register for HPOS to get bulk bill processing and payment reports.
You don’t need to fill in any forms to lodge patient claims.
Medicare Easyclaim - integrated with PMS
For the Medicare Easyclaim integrated solution you need to:
- Register for Medicare Online and apply for a PKI site certificate - you can lodge bulk bill claims through Medicare Easyclaim or Medicare Online.
- Research the software features you need and check software vendors offering online claiming functions.
- Contact your software vendor or your EFTPOS provider and check if they offer integrated Medicare Easyclaim.
- Check your PMS is approved by us to support Medicare Online claiming for bulk bill and patient claims.
Functions may vary between software products. You can research the capability of software products before engaging a software vendor.
Contact us at the eBusiness Service Centre about your specific business needs.
Update your online claiming details
Make sure you tell us about changes to your:
- phone number
- mailing address
- business owners
- bank account - use HPOS or update and return the banking details - online claiming form.
Contact the eBusiness Service Centre to update your details.
Read more about:
- education services for health professionals
- financial institutions offering Medicare Easyclaim stand-alone and integrated solutions
- our website disclaimer.
Contact us at the eBusiness Service Centre.
Provide your feedback on our education resources.
Page last updated: 20 November 2020
This information was printed 27 November 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/topics/education-guide-register-medicare-easyclaim/47706. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.