Linking your PRODA account to HPOS
When you link your PRODA account to HPOS you can access your eligible services with only one log in.
What you need to have
If you’re a healthcare provider you need 1 of these identifiers:
- AHPRA number
- Medicare provider number.
If you’re an administrator registered in the Healthcare Identifiers Service you can use 1 of these identifiers:
- Responsible Officer number
- Organisation Maintenance Officer number
- Healthcare Provider Identifier – Individual number
- Healthcare Provider Identifier – Organisation number.
If you’re an administrator acting for a provider or accessing the PIP or the Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) – Practice Stream Online and you don’t have a healthcare identifier, you can still access some functions in HPOS.
What you need to do
You’ll need to:
- Log in to your PRODA account.
- Select Services from the PRODA header.
- Select the HPOS tile under Available services.
- The system will ask: Have you been issued with any number or identifiers as part of your role?
If you don’t have identifiers to link select No and you can log in to HPOS to do the following:
- access basic functions
- access HPOS delegations
- gain access to the PIP or Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) – Practice Stream Online – you’ll need to link your RA number to your practice profile.
If you do have identifiers to link:
- Select Yes to search and link your identifiers
- Enter your AHPRA number or choose and enter another Identifier type, then select Search.
We’ll check that your identifier records and your details match. If your identifiers do not match, select the check box to flag the identifier for help, enter a comment and select submit.
After you’ve linked HPOS to your services in PRODA:
- Select Go To Service to access HPOS.
- Select Link identifiers if you did not complete the step before or want to link more identifiers.
If you need help:
- Select the Request help finding this number from a service officer.
- Enter the details in the text box and select Submit.
Page last updated: 15 September 2020
This information was printed 22 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/hpos/resources/linking-your-proda-account-hpos. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.