Linking individuals and organisations
You need to keep your links up-to-date so appropriate individuals can access the HI Service and My Health Record
You can link individuals and contracted service providers to your organisation to allow them to access the HI Service and My Health Record on the organisation’s behalf.
Only people with an RO or OMO role can update an organisation’s details.
Linking individuals – initial steps
To access your organisation’s detail so you can create links, select:
- My Programs from the Main Menu in HPOS
- Healthcare Identifiers and My Health Record
- Healthcare Identifiers – Manage existing records
- your organisation from the list displayed
- My Organisation Details.
Link or unlink OMOs to your organisation
You can have as many OMOs as needed to manage your organisation’s interactions with the HI Service.
Follow Linking individuals - initial steps to access your organisation’s details, and then select:
- the OMO tab to see the list of OMOs attached to your organisation
- Manage maintenance roles to update the list
- Add, Amend or Remove to update OMO details
- the OMO number to view OMO details
- Submit to confirm.
Link or unlink healthcare providers to your organisation
If you need healthcare providers to access the My Health Record on behalf of your organisation, see Manage My Health Record authorisation links information.
You can let people searching in the HPD know who you have working at your organisation. This helps with referrals and secure messaging.
To link the HPI-Is of healthcare providers to your organisation’s HPI-O, follow Linking individuals - initial steps to access your organisation’s details, and then:
- select the HPI-I Links tab to see the list of providers linked to the organisation
- select Manage Providers to link a healthcare provider individual to your organisation
- to locate the person enter their HPI-I number or RA number then select Search
- select Submit to link the individual provider.
Link or unlink CSPs for HI Service access
You need to link a contacted service provider (CSP) to your organisation before it can access the HI Service on the organisation’s behalf. Ask your software vendor for their CSP registration number so you create the link.
Follow Manage HPI-O details - initial steps to access your organisation’s details. Then select the CSP Links tab to see a list of the organisation's linked CSPs.
Next, select Manage CSP links to link a CSP to your organisation.
Then select Add to add a CSP and enter the CSP Number to find a CSP. If the CSP details are correct, select Confirm. This will link the CSP organisation to the organisation's HPI-O.
When you’re done, select Remove to remove a link to a CSP organisation, then select Submit to confirm.
Authorisation links allow healthcare providers who work for your organisation to access the My Health Record Provider Portal. You need their HI Service healthcare identifiers (HPI-Is) to create authorisation links.
Authorisation links also allow CSPs who provide your organisation with IT services or healthcare information management services to connect your software to My Health Record. You need their HI Service registration numbers to create authorisation links.
Read more about Healthcare Identifiers Service, including how to apply for a healthcare identifier.
To add or remove a My Health Record authorisation link:
- select My Programs from the Main Menu in HPOS
- select Healthcare Identifiers and My Health Record
- select My Health Record System – Organisation Registration from the main menu in HPOS
- select Manage Authorisation Links to see the list of organisations you can add links to for My Health Record
- select Add/Update of the required organisation
- enter the healthcare provider’s HPI-I number in the Enter HPI-I Number field
- select Search to see the exact match result to the HPI-I.
Page last updated: 22 June 2020
This information was printed 11 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/health-professionals/services/medicare/healthcare-identifiers-service-health-professionals/managing/managing-hi-service-and-my-health-record-details/linking-individuals-and-organisations. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.