Payment options for child support deductions

We offer a range of payment options to provide you with quick, secure and convenient methods to send us child support deductions.

Making payments to us at the same time the deduction is made will ensure a more timely transfer of funds to the other parent for your employee's or contractor’s children.

Payment option Details You will need:

A convenient bill payment service that lets you make a payment from your nominated bank to us through phone or internet banking. BPAY payments can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518

  • Biller Code: 201509
  • Reference Number: your 16-digit payment reference number, no spaces.

You can find these details on your letter attached to the schedule of deductions.

Direct credit You can transfer funds from your nominated bank account to our bank account.

You must enter your 16-digit payment reference number no spaces in the 'payment reference' field. This ensures your payment is allocated correctly and without delay. You will also need:

Account Name: Services Australia
Child Support Account Number: 116755
BSB Number: 092009


You can make a payment at any branch of Australia Post using the BillPay facility.

The date you pay is treated as the date we receive the payment. The post office will always give you a receipt for cash payments and, if you request, a receipt for payments by cheque.

You will need a payment advice slip, located in your Employer Payment Advice book, to make these payments. Australia Post will give you a receipt that you need to keep for your records.
Credit or debit card You can pay child support using the Government EasyPay system using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. Payments can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or over the phone. You will incur a card payment fee to use this service. Details about the fee are available on the Government EasyPay website. Before using this service, you should consider what is the most appropriate and cost effective payment option for you to meet your child support obligations. You should also seek financial support if you are unsure of the best option for your current situation.

To make a payment you will need:

  • a current Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card
  • your payment reference number, which can be found in your Employer Payment Advice book.


Mail You can send a cheque or money order to us.

You will need to make each cheque or money order payable to Services Australia – Child Support. Attach the payment advice slip, from your Employer Payment Advice book, to make these payments. This ensures your payment is allocated correctly and without delay.

Send mail payments to:

Child Support Employer Services
PO Box 9815
Melbourne VIC 3001

If you need to include information about the breakup of the employer deductions for more than one employee, you can still use BPAY, direct credit or BillPay. You must report all details directly to us. You can do this:

  1. online if you are registered for Child Support Business Online Services
  2. by phone on 131 272 - call charges may apply
  3. or by faxing or mailing your Child Support Deductions Report to us.

Page last updated: 18 May 2020