Family and Domestic Violence Strategy 2016–2019
This strategy outlines our response to family and domestic violence, and the serious impact it has on individuals, families, the workplace and the community.
There are 5 principles that underpin the strategy:
- family and domestic violence is never acceptable
- we avoid placing blame
- we respond respectfully
- we provide support
- we work collaboratively
There are 6 strategic themes that guide how we respond to family and domestic violence.
- Information - we will continue to ensure that staff and customers have access to up to date information about the support available through the department or from external service providers.
- Risk identification - we will continue to refine our risk identification approach to support customers who are concerned about their safety.
- Referrals and support - we will offer referrals and support to our customers affected by family and domestic violence.
- Training - we will ensure that our staff receive appropriate training to support customers and staff.
- Our people - we will provide a supportive, flexible and safe workplace for staff.
- Our systems and processes - we will continue to refine our systems and processes to enhance the delivery of this strategy.
Page last updated: 7 February 2020
This information was printed 5 August 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/publications-and-resources/family-and-domestic-violence-strategy-2016-2019. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.