on this page
Prescribers, approved suppliers and hospitals can order stationery through Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
How pharmacies and hospitals order PBS stationery
Pharmacies and hospitals can only order stationery through HPOS.
Pharmacies and hospitals need to link to HPOS using their pharmacy approval number. If they are already linked for another service, they also need to link their Pharmacy Approval Number as an additional identifier.
An alternative ordering method is available for public hospitals without a pharmacy.
It’s easy to do and you’ll get your stationery quicker than using a form. You can order anytime, it’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can order when it’s convenient for you.
To order stationery, log in to your PRODA account to access HPOS, then:
- Select My Programs.
- Select PBS stationery online ordering.
From here you can:
- place a new stationery order
- view order details
- re-order a previous order once it is dispatched or complete.
Before you order, check your delivery address fields are correct. If they’re not, you can select a different registered practice location or enter a preferred mailing address.
Once you place an order, you’ll get a confirmation message and order number. Use your order number to manage you order.
How to delegate access in HPOS
You can nominate someone as a delegate to do tasks on your behalf in HPOS. They’ll need their own PRODA account to access HPOS.
- submit a new order to be sent to a registered practice address only
- re-order a previous order
- view an order’s status
- track an order.
Delegates can’t update or register a preferred mailing address. They also can’t send an order to a preferred mailing address.
Read how to manage delegations in HPOS.
Frequently Asked Questions - pharmacies and hospitals
When I click the PBS Stationery Online Ordering tile in HPOS I see a message “An error has occurred. Please contact the system administrator.”
- This usually happens because the pharmacy is linked to HPOS for AIR, but has not linked their Pharmacy Approval Number to HPOS for PBS services.
- They will need to click the Link identifiers button on the HPOS tile in PRODA, select their pharmacy organisation, and add their Pharmacy Approval Number as a new identifier for HPOS.
Note: Their Pharmacy Approval Number may already have been added for the PBS Online service, but they will still need to add it for HPOS.
When I log into HPOS and access My Programs, the PBS Stationery Online Ordering tile does not appear.
- The most likely reason for this is that the pharmacist is accessing HPOS as an individual, rather than as a member of their pharmacy organisation.
- The pharmacist may need to be added as a member in their pharmacy’s PRODA organisation account and delegated HPOS access.
- The pharmacy organisation may need to link HPOS as a service provider using their Pharmacy Approval Number.
If these steps have been completed, when accessing HPOS from PRODA, the pharmacist should be given an option to access HPOS on behalf of their pharmacy, which will allow them to see the PBS Stationery Online Ordering tile.