You must let us know of changes to practice arrangements within 7 days of the change, or at least 7 days before the relevant point-in-time date. These changes can include:
- changes in practitioner details, including extensions to provider numbers or changes to procedural GP tier
- changes to the practice details such as authorised contact person or bank account
- changes in your accreditation status
- changes to the practice location, ownership or amalgamations
- changes that affect your eligibility for individual incentives
- any other information that may affect your eligibility for the program.
If you fax us the changes, you need to do this at least 7 days before the relevant point-in-time date. You’ll need to complete the relevant form.
- Practice Incentives Individual general practitioner or nurse practitioner details form (IP003)
- Practice Incentives Change of practice details form (IP005)
- Practice Incentives Change of practice ownership form (IP010)
- Practice Incentives Program Service Incentive Payments Banking Details form (IP011)
- Practice Incentives Practice closure or withdrawal form (IP007)
- Practice Incentives Additional practice branch form (IP025).
If your practice changes location, you’ll need to notify us and provide a copy of the new accreditation certificate within 6 months of relocating.
We’ll put practice payments on hold until you’ve given us an accreditation certificate showing the new location address.
Be aware of your accreditation cycle so you can work with your accrediting agency to make sure you finalise your new accreditation before it expires.
Read more about accreditation advisories for the NGPA Scheme on the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care website.
To be eligible to get any withheld payments, you must ensure the new accreditation certificate begins from the date of relocation.
If your practice relocates temporarily, you can maintain your current accreditation as long as you continue to meet the accreditation requirements. You must notify your accrediting agency, so they can work with you to make sure you continue to meet your accreditation requirements.
You must also notify us of the address and dates of the temporary relocation.
Sale of a practice
When a practice is sold, the new owner will need to complete a Practice Incentives Change of practice ownership form (IP010). You need to submit this to us with:
- evidence of the sale of the practice
- a copy of the accreditation certificate signed by the previous and new owners of the practice.