Travel outside Australia if you get Utilities Allowance

There are rules about when you can get Utilities Allowance when you travel outside Australia.

What the rules are

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your payment will stop on departure.

If you leave Australia on a temporary basis, you must be travelling for 6 weeks or less. We’ll pay your next quarterly payment as long as it falls within 6 weeks of leaving.

Your main payment must also be payable at that time. This includes:

Read more on payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 17 January 2020