Documents to enrol in Medicare if you're a temporary resident covered by a Ministerial Order

You need to provide documents that prove your identity and travel status.

You can enrol in Medicare if you hold a valid temporary visa under a Ministerial Order. You’ll need to give us these documents:

  • a current passport, travel document or ImmiCard for each person you want to enrol
  • proof of a valid visa from the Department of Home Affairs.

You’ll need to complete a Medicare enrolment form and submit it with your documents at a service centre.

Documents must be original or certified copies. A certified copy is a document an authorised witness has signed as a correct copy.

If you don’t have these documents, tell us at a service centre. We’ll talk to you about other options.

Page last updated: 21 November 2019