How to claim
How to claim dental services covered by the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
You can’t claim from us and a private health insurer for the same dental service.
You can claim your benefit either:
- at the dentist when you pay
- directly from us if your dentist doesn’t bulk bill.
Not all dentists bulk bill. You should check if yours does when you make an appointment. To find a dentist who bulk bills, use the find a health service tool on the healthdirect website.
If your dentist doesn’t claim on your behalf, you can claim by using any of:
- the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- your Medicare online account through myGov
- a Medicare claim form and posting it to the address on the form
- a Medicare claim form and taking it to a service centre.
When we’ve processed your claim, we’ll pay the benefit into your bank account.
Page last updated: 19 February 2020
This information was printed 15 June 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule/how-claim. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.