How to apply
If you’re claiming Youth Allowance as a student, Austudy or ABSTUDY Living Allowance, you can apply for the Student Start-up Loan during your claim.
You can apply for the Student Start-up Loan if you get or are claiming student payments.
If you’re claiming any of the following student payments you can apply for the Student Start-up Loan during your claim:
- Youth Allowance
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance.
If you’re already getting a student payment for a loan approved course:
- log on to your Centrelink online account through myGov
- select Payments and Claims from the menu
- select Apply for/Manage Student Start-up Loan
- tick the loan periods you wish to get the loan for
- read the Terms and Conditions
- accept the Declaration
- submit your application.
If you’re not eligible you won’t have the option to apply in your online account.
Page last updated: 7 April 2020
This information was printed 2 June 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/student-start-loan/how-apply. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.