When we’ll pay you

We’ll pay you the SRSS payment once the Department of Home Affairs tell us you’re eligible.

It will include the SRSS Living Allowance to help you with basic living expenses while you resolve your immigration status.

Depending on your circumstances, the Department of Home Affairs may decide we can also pay you:

  • a rent allowance
  • an allowance for dependent children.

While you get this payment, you can’t get other payments or services from us.

If you’re granted a Bridging Visa you can get help with health care costs through Medicare.

Next: How to apply

Contact a SRSS service provider in your state or territory. They’ll help you apply for the SSRS payment.

Page last updated: 23 October 2019