Change of circumstances

You need to tell us about any changes to your circumstances when you hold a Health Care Card.

What to tell us

You have 14 days to tell us if any of the following happen:

  • your personal circumstances change, for example if you become partnered or separated
  • your care arrangements change
  • your work or study load changes
  • your income goes up
  • you start or return to work
  • you change your address.

If you stop getting your payment, we’ll cancel your Health Care Card.

If you return to work, you can keep your card for up to 6 months. But you must have got a payment from us for 1 year or more. Read more about returning to work.

How to tell us

You can tell us about a change to your circumstances using one of these self service options:

Read more about what you can do using self service.

If you don’t have access to a self service option please call your main payment line.

Page last updated: 12 December 2019