Who can get it
You need to meet eligibility requirements to get Farm Household Allowance.
To get Farm Household Allowance (FHA) you must meet all the following:
- be a farmer or partner of a farmer
- be 16 years or older
- contribute labour and capital to an Australian farm, or are the partner of a farmer who does
- have income and assets below certain amounts
- have had less than 4 years of FHA in the specific 10-year period.
Your farm must have significant commercial purpose. We'll assess this based on all the following:
- the purpose of your farm
- the prospect for profit
- consistency of activity
- whether your farm runs as a business
- the size, scale and permanency of your farm activity.
You must meet an income and assets test to get Farm Household Allowance (FHA).
The amount of Farm Household Allowance you can get depends on your circumstances.
Page last updated: 2 December 2019
This information was printed 27 November 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/farm-household-allowance/who-can-get-it. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.