How it works
To get started, ask your community housing organisation or supported accommodation provider if they use the EVoR service.
You don’t need to give us proof of your rental arrangements for:
- JobSeeker Payment
- Youth Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Farm Household Allowance.
This is due to coronavirus (COVID-19). We’ll let you know when you need to again.
If they use the EVoR service
- Ask them to help you fill out a consent form.
- They’ll verify and update your rent amount details with us using the EVoR service.
- We’ll send you a letter letting you know when we have updated your rent amount details.
If they use the EVoR service, it means you both:
- get the right amount of Rent Assistance with your Centrelink payment
- don’t have to give us a Rent Certificate when your rent changes.
You should always check the rent details we have for you are right. If not, contact your community housing organisation or supported accommodation provider so they can fix it and send us your updated rent details.
If they don’t use the EVoR service
If they don’t use the EVoR service, you’ll need to verify your rent details and tell us about any rent changes yourself.
Page last updated: 27 March 2020
This information was printed 19 September 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/electronic-verification-rent/how-it-works. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.