Who can get it

You need to get certain payments to get the Economic Support Payment.

We’ll pay 2 more Economic Support Payments, 1 from December 2020 and 1 in March 2021. You must get an eligible payment or concession card and be living in Australia to get the payments.

We’ll pay the Economic Support Payments straight into your bank account.

If you have a Cashless Debit Card we’ll pay the Economic Support Payments onto your card. If you’re income managed, the payments will be 100% income managed.

Generally, you won’t get the Economic Support Payment if you get $1 or more of the Coronavirus Supplement.

You’ll get the payment if you get one of the following:

  • Age Pension
  • Carer Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Family Tax Benefit
  • Pensioner Concession Card

You need to get an eligible payment or have an eligible card on:

  • 27 November 2020 to get the December 2020 payment
  • 26 February 2021 to get the March 2021 payment.

If you claim Family Tax Benefit for 2020-21 as a lump sum, you’ll get the payment with your lump sum. This will be after you've claimed and confirmed your income for the 2020-21 financial year.

Department of Veterans’ Affairs customers

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) will pay you the Economic Support Payments. To get them you must be getting an eligible DVA benefit. Read more about which DVA benefits are eligible for the Economic Support Payments on the DVA website.

Page last updated: 12 November 2020