You can get cheaper medical expenses with a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC).
With a CSHC you may get benefits such as:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits - this is up to your doctor
- a refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net.
You may also get the Economic Support Payment. If you’re eligible, we’ll pay this into your bank account automatically.
Your state or territory government and local council may lower any of these expenses:
- electricity and gas bills
- property and water rates
- health care costs, including ambulance, dental and eye care
- public transport fare.
Read more about what you can get where you live on the australia.gov.au website.
You may need to show either your:
- Medicare card to get Medicare services
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card to get other benefits.
Page last updated: 12 November 2020
This information was printed 10 September 2021 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/commonwealth-seniors-health-card/who-can-get-it/benefits. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.