Nominate someone to deal with us

You can choose someone to deal with us for you if you're in residential care or get a Home Care Package. This person is your nominee.

What they can do

Your nominee can do all of these:

  • get details from us about your care costs
  • give us details of your income and assets
  • get letters from us.

When we send a letter to your nominee we’ll send them to you too. If your nominee is your power of attorney, we won’t send them to you.

How to appoint one

You can appoint a nominee by either:

You still need to complete the form if you have any of the following:

  • Enduring power of attorney
  • Guardianship order
  • Appointment of enduring guardian
  • Financial management order.

When you change your mind

You can change your nominee at any time.

To appoint a new one, complete the Aged Care Appointment of a Nominee form.

Page last updated: 18 September 2020