Nominate someone to deal with us
You can choose someone to deal with us for you if you're in residential care or get a Home Care Package. This person is your nominee.
What they can do
Your nominee can do all of these:
- get details from us about your care costs
- give us details of your income and assets
- get letters from us.
When we send a letter to your nominee we’ll send them to you too. If your nominee is your power of attorney, we won’t send them to you.
How to appoint one
You can appoint a nominee by either:
- filling in the Aged Care Appointment of a Nominee form
- telling us their details when you complete your means assessment for a Home Care Package or residential care.
You still need to complete the form if you have any of the following:
- Enduring power of attorney
- Guardianship order
- Appointment of enduring guardian
- Financial management order.
When you change your mind
You can change your nominee at any time.
To appoint a new one, complete the Aged Care Appointment of a Nominee form.
Page last updated: 10 July 2019
This information was printed 3 June 2020 from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/aged-care-means-tests/what-you-need-know/nominate-someone-deal-us. It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.