What they can do
Your nominee can:
- get details from us about your aged care costs
- get letters from us
- apply for aged care financial hardship assistance on your behalf.
When we send a letter to your nominee, you’ll get one too. If your nominee is your power of attorney, we won’t send you the letter.
How to appoint one
You can appoint a nominee by completing the Aged Care Request for a nominee for DVA customers form.
You still need to complete the form if you have any of the following:
- Enduring power of attorney
- Guardianship order
- Appointment of enduring guardian
- Financial management order.
If you change your mind
You can change your nominee at any time.
To appoint a new one, complete the Aged Care Request for a nominee for DVA customers form.