How we can help

You may be able to get a pension from Australia or another country under an agreement. You may also get your current payment if you're going overseas.

Social security agreements

We can help you:

  • find out if you can get an Australian pension overseas
  • claim a pension from another country while you live in Australia.

Read about international social security agreements.

Travel overseas

If you travel outside Australia it may affect your Centrelink payments.


We have:

  • staff you can speak to in a range of languages
  • interpreters you can use.

Contact us

If you’re in Australia, call our International services line.

If you’re outside Australia either:

Calls to some international phone numbers are free.

Page last updated: 6 April 2022