The trustee is able to:
- pay for the beneficiary’s dental and medical expenses, including membership costs for private health funds
- pay the maintenance expenses of the trust-property assets
- spend up to $12,250 for the 2019/2020 financial year on discretionary items not related to the care and accommodation needs of the beneficiary. This expenditure should remain compliant with the legislative requirements of a Special Disability Trust
To find out more about Special Disability Trusts either:
- call our Special Disability Trust Team on 132 717 for the cost of a local call except from mobile and pay phones
- visit the Department of Social Services website.