on this page
There are 2 ways to start getting electronic messages.
You will automatically subscribe when you give us a new mobile number or email address. You can also subscribe online.
If you don’t want to use this service, you can unsubscribe at any time.
How automatic subscription works
You’ll automatically subscribe when you:
- update your mobile number or email address with us
- apply for a payment or service and give us your mobile number or email address.
If you give us:
- your email address, we will email you
- your mobile number, we will send you text messages
- both, but don’t tell us which one you prefer, we’ll only send you a text message.
If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, you can subscribe to electronic messaging online.
To do this:
- Sign in to myGov.
- Select My Details, then Letters and messaging.
- Select Electronic messaging and letters subscription and follow the prompts.
We’ll send an email or SMS to say you’ve subscribed.
You can also subscribe or change your electronic messaging preference:
What to do if you get an incorrect message
Contact us on your regular payment line straight away if you get a message that isn’t relevant to you.