on this page
If your Medicare online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to check your threshold amount.
You can also check your threshold by:
If you’re an individual with no dependants, we’ll keep a tally of your out-of-pocket and gap amounts. Once you’ve reached the threshold, we’ll pay the higher benefit for the rest of the calendar year.
If you’re a registered family or couple, you’ll need to confirm who’s in your family before you can get the higher benefits.
Read more about what the Medicare Safety Nets thresholds are.
If you haven’t registered for Medicare Safety Net as a family or couple, find out how to register.
Confirming your family
When your family is close to reaching a Medicare Safety Net threshold, we’ll ask you to confirm who’s in your family. We’ll notify the nominated contact person for your family either by a myGov Inbox message or by post. The contact person may be you or someone else in your family.
If you’re the contact person or their partner, and your Medicare online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to confirm your family.
If you need help using your online account, read our online guide for how to confirm your Medicare Safety Net family.
You can also confirm your family by:
- using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- calling the Medicare program
- completing the Family Safety Net Confirmation form we sent the contact person, if we notified them by post.
If there are any changes to who’s in your registered Medicare Safety Net family, it’s important to let us know. You should let us know if any of the following happens:
- you become a member of a couple
- you have a baby
- you adopt a child
- you and your partner separate
- your dependent child leaves your care.
If you’ve separated, it is important to update your personal details to keep your information safe.
You can let us know by either:
- filling in the Medicare Safety Net registration and amendment for couples and families form
- calling the Medicare program.