You can get your immunisation history statement using either:
- your Medicare online account through myGov
- Medicare mobile app.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Medicare online account, you’ll need to set them up. You’ll need these to use the app.
If you can’t use Medicare online, your vaccination provider can print your immunisation history statement for you.
You can also call the Australian Immunisation Register and ask us to send your immunisation history statement to you. It can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.
If you’re getting an immunisation history for your child, they must be under 14.
If you’ve had a COVID-19 vaccination, you will see these recorded on your immunisation history statement. You can use it to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations.
Children who are 14 or older
For privacy reasons, anyone aged 14 or older can get their own immunisation history statement. They can do this:
- online using their Medicare online account through myGov or the Medicare mobile app
- by asking their vaccination provider to print it
- by calling the Australian Immunisation Register.
If your child is older than 14, you can get their immunisation history statement if you have their consent. You can call the AIR and ask us for a copy. Your child will need to speak to the service officer to verify their identity before we can do this. They’ll need to give their consent each time you ask for a copy of the statement.
People who aren’t eligible for Medicare
If you’re not eligible for Medicare, you can get your immunisation history statement online through myGov. If you don’t have a myGov account, you can go to the myGov website to create one.
To get your immunisation history statement, link the Individual Healthcare Identifiers service (IHI service) to your myGov account.
You’ll need an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI). If you don’t have one, find out how to get an IHI.
Once you’ve linked the IHI service:
- Sign in to your myGov account.
- Select the Proof of COVID-19 vaccination quick link.
- Select your name, and then either View immunisation history statement (PDF) or View COVID-19 digital certificate (PDF).