We paid one-off payments of:
- $750 from March 2020 and July 2020
- $250 from December 2020 and March 2021.
You may have got these payments if you lived in Australia and had an eligible payment or concession card.
If you claim Family Tax Benefit for 2020-21 as a lump sum, you’ll get the payment with your lump sum. This will be after you’ve claimed and confirmed your income for the 2020-21 financial year. You can do this from July 2021.
You need to have had an eligible payment or had an eligible card on:
- 10 July 2020 to get the July 2020 payment
- 27 November 2020 to get the December 2020 payment
- 26 February 2021 to get the March 2021 payment.
Generally, you wouldn’t get the Economic Support Payment if you were getting $1 or more of the Coronavirus Supplement.
Eligible payments and concession cards included:
- Age Pension
- Carer Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Disability Support Pension
- Double Orphan Pension
- Family Tax Benefit
- Pensioner Concession Card.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs customers
The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) paid the Economic Support Payments for their customers. To get the payments, you must have been getting an eligible DVA benefit or card. Read more about which DVA benefits were eligible for the Economic Support Payments on the DVA website.