The statement will need to include the following information:
- details of the activity, including where it will take place and the dates
- confirmation it’s a compulsory part of the course
- the relevance of the activity to the course
- confirmation the work completed during the activity contributes to the course assessment.
You'll need to lodge your claim at least 3 weeks before your activity starts.
When you claim before your activity, you'll also need to give us some details after the activity has taken place. Within 1 month of the activity, you’ll need to give us both:
- confirmation from the education provider you attended the activity
- the period and location where the activity took place.
If you don’t provide this information, we won’t pay you for any more away from base activities.
Unless your education provider has arranged your travel, you may also need to claim ABSTUDY Fares Allowance before your trip. This is so we can book your travel for you.