It’s important to keep your personal and financial details up to date. This is because changes to your circumstances can change how much you pay towards your aged care costs.
When you update your details, we won’t immediately review how much you pay unless you ask us to. This is because we regularly review how much you pay. Every 3 months we’ll check if:
- you’ve told us about changes to your personal and financial details
- your aged care provider has told us about changes to your care.
When we do this, we’ll:
- work out how much you’ll pay
- check if a refund may be owing
- write to you and your aged care provider to tell you about our review.
If the amount you pay has increased, the new amount will apply from the date we review your aged care costs.
You can ask for a review at any time by calling either the:
Read more about changes to your aged care costs on the My Aged Care website.