It’s important to keep your personal and financial details up to date. This is because changes to your circumstances can change how much you pay towards your aged care costs.
When you update your details, we won’t immediately review how much you pay unless you ask us to. We review how much you pay every month if:
- you’ve told us about changes to your personal and financial details
- your aged care provider has told us about changes to your care.
When we do this, we’ll:
- work out how much you’ll pay
- check if a refund may be owing
- write to you and your aged care provider to tell you if there are changes to your aged care costs.
If the amount you pay has increased, the new amount will apply from the date we review your aged care costs.
You can ask for a review at any time by calling either the:
Read more about changes to your aged care costs on the My Aged Care website.