Change of circumstances

You need to report any changes to your circumstances while receiving Double Orphan Pension.

If you don’t tell us when changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.

You need to tell us if any of the following happen:

How and when to tell us

You need to tell us if your circumstances change within 14 days. If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can tell us online. To do this, sign in to myGov and select My details.

Sign in to myGov

If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

It’s never too late to report a change.

If you change or correct your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

If you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you must pay the money back. Read more about Centrelink debts and overpayments.

If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.

Read how to avoid committing fraud.

Page last updated: 4 June 2024.
QC 29891