If you don’t tell us when changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.
You need to tell us if any of the following happen:
- you change or correct your name
- the child receives an orphan pension from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- your personal circumstances change
- you don’t meet the residence rules
- you change your address
- your care arrangements change
- you or the child leave Australia even for a short time.
How and when to tell us
You need to tell us if your circumstances change within 14 days. If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov you can tell us online. To do this, sign in to myGov and select My details.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.
It’s never too late to report a change.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
If you don’t tell us
If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you must pay the money back, plus a fee.
If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.