For example, you must tell us if any of the following occurs:
- you change or correct your name
- your personal circumstances change
- you change your address
- your income changes
- your care arrangements change
- your work or study load changes.
How and when to tell us
The easiest way to tell us about changes is online.
You need to tell us about the changes within 14 days.
If you don’t tell us about changes, we may stop your card when we find out about them. If you deliberately don’t tell us, we could charge you with fraud.
Read about how to avoid fraud.
It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.
To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:
- an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
- your consent to verify the document.
You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.