Change of circumstances

You need to tell us if your circumstances change. This is to make sure you’re still eligible for a Low Income Health Care Card.

For example, you must tell us if any of the following occurs:

How and when to tell us

The easiest way to tell us about changes is online.

You can also call the Youth and Students line to replace your card or visit a service centre.

You need to tell us about the changes within 14 days.

If you don’t tell us about changes, we may stop your card when we find out about them. If you deliberately don’t tell us, we could charge you with fraud.

Read about how to avoid fraud.

Changing or correcting your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

Page last updated: 28 September 2023.
QC 39506