Change of circumstances

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you’re receiving Additional Child Care Subsidy.

If you don’t tell us about the changes within 14 days, your subsidy may be affected. We may overpay you and have a debt that you’ll need to pay back.

You can tell us about changes to your circumstances using your Centrelink online account through myGov.

Changing or correcting your name

It’s important to tell us if you change your legal name.

To change or correct your legal name, we’ll need:

  • an original document issued by a state or territory Births, Deaths and Marriages registry
  • your consent to verify the document.

You need to bring your document to a service centre so we can update our records.

Page last updated: 25 May 2022