With your card you can get:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits, which will depend on your doctor if you are eligible for these
- a bigger refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net
- help with hearing services, such as the Hearing Services Program on the Department of Health and Aged Care website
- discounts to redirect your mail through Australia Post.
Your dependent child may also be able to get some of these benefits.
Your state or territory government and local council may offer you more benefits. They may lower your:
- utility bills
- property and water rates
- public transport fare
- motor vehicle registration
- train fare.