You’ll get a top up if both of the following apply:
- you got Age Pension and Pension Bonus payments on or after 1 January 2008
- your pension rate increased within 13 weeks after you got Age Pension because your income or assets reduced.
Who can’t get it
You won’t get a top up if:
- there's been no increase in your rate of Age Pension
- you had an increase more than 13 weeks after you got Age Pension.
You also won’t get a top up if your Age Pension rate has increased because of one of the following:
- indexation of your pension rate
- indexation of allowable income and asset limits
- a change in homeowner status
- a change in relationship status.