You’ll get a top up if both of the following apply:
- you got Age Pension and Pension Bonus payments on or after 1 January 2008
- your pension rate increased within 13 weeks after you got Age Pension because your income or assets reduced.
You don’t need to do anything. We’ll top up your payment if you are eligible.
Who can’t get it
You won’t get a top up if:
- there's been no increase in your rate of Age Pension
- you had an increase more than 13 weeks after you got Age Pension.
You also won’t get a top up if your Age Pension rate has increased because of one of the following:
- indexation of your pension rate
- indexation of allowable Age Pension income and asset test limits
- a change in homeowner status
- a change in relationship status.