When and how to tell us about your travel

When you hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, you may need to tell us if you’re leaving Australia.

You need to tell us if you’re leaving Australia and either of the following apply, you:

  • are going to live in another country
  • will be away for more than 19 weeks.

You can tell us about your travel plans online.

If your Centrelink online account is linked to myGov, sign in now to do this. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to create them.

Sign in to myGov

You can also use your online account to get information on how your travel could affect your payments and concession cards.

If you can’t use an online account, tell us your travel plans by either:

Read about payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 24 November 2023.
QC 61858