They do this to:
- promote and improve access to our payments and services
- build relationships in the community and across government
- improve service delivery to culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) people by understanding their needs
- provide support and assistance in complex cases
- help our staff to communicate with CALD people through language services
- raise awareness and competency of our staff in servicing CALD people
- build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to raise the profile of multicultural services.
If you speak a language other than English
We have information in your language you can read, listen to or watch.
You can also talk to someone in your language Monday to Friday between 8 am to 5 pm.
For Centrelink payments and services, you can call our multilingual phone service.
For help with Medicare, you can call the Medicare program line. Let us know if you need an interpreter and we’ll arrange one for free.
For help with Child Support, you can call the Child Support Enquiry line. Let us know if you need an interpreter and we’ll arrange one for free.