If your details change, you need to update your Healthcare Provider Identifier-Individual (HPI-I) details in the HI Service.
Keeping your details up to date makes sure that:
- we can contact you about your registration in the HI Service
- organisations you work for can find your HPI-I and give you My Health Record access
- other organisations and healthcare providers registered in the HI Service can find you to make referrals and send secure messages.
How you update your details depends if you’re either:
- registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra)
- an allied health professional.
How to update your Healthcare Provider Identifier-Individual (HPI-I) details in the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service if you’re registered with Ahpra.